Follow by Email

Monday, April 10, 2006

Let the heathen rage

This is a response to my letter to the editor of a couple of weeks ago.

USING PASTORSHIP TO BOOST ARGUMENTS IS WRONG

I disagreed completely with James McEntire’s fawning defense of Bush’s illegal and immoral war, but I was absolutely appalled that he found it necessary to try to lend weight to his remarks by identifying himself as a pastor. Perhaps he thinks his chosen avocation makes him more credible than other people, or perhaps he thinks he speaks for God. Whatever the reason, it’s wrong.

Sam Davis, Pearland

Funny, there was a time when Pastors were expected to be leaders in their communities. I suppose if I had a PHD it would have been perfectly legitimate to add that to my name to lend weight to my remarks. He's appalled, I'm appalled, were all appalled???
Post a Comment