Follow by Email

Monday, April 10, 2006

The People's Church

I saw a sign today that said the future home of the people's church. Herein lies the problem. Most churches see themselves as the people's church. This determines there approach to ministry. Give the people something they want, after all it is the people's church. The problem is that it is not the people's church, it is the church of the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus said in Matthew 16:18, and upon this rock I will build MY church. I for one do not want to be a part of the people's church but a part of the church of the Lord Jesus Christ. A church where people are more interested in what Christ wants than what the people want. A church that caters to Christ rather than the culture. A church that calls the culture to repentance instead of conforming to their desires.

Just my opinion, my fullypersuaded opinion
Post a Comment