Follow by Email

Saturday, August 26, 2006

A Lighthearted Diversion

These were on my daughter's blog. While I don't usually do these kind of things I thought it would be a nice break from some of the more serious things that we address at our place under the sea.

1. One book that changed your life: Not counting the Bible, Spurgeon’s sermons

2. One book that you’ve read more than once: The Law by Frederick Bastait.

3. One book you’d want on a desert island: Not counting the Bible, A Strong’s Concordance.

4. One book that made you laugh: Reminicenses of a Long Life by J. Pendleton.

5. One book that made you cry: John Adams by David McCollough

6. One book that you wish had been written: The life story of my grandparents and great-grandparents.

7. One book you wish had never been written: The Origin of the Species by Charles Darwin.

8. One book you’re currently reading: The Humorous Lincoln

9. One book you've been planning to read: The Path Between the Seas by David McCollough



1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4: "She was a large imposing woman who was bigger than her husband P.J.” From The Raising of a President by Doug Wead.

2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can to your right side: King James Bible Left side: Nothing!

3. What is the last thing you watched on TV? I can’t remember

4. Without looking, guess what time it is: About 5 PM

5. Now look at the clock. 5:20 PM

6.With the exception of the computer, what can you hear? Fan blowing behind me and the ceiling fan clicking, one of the girls playing the piano.

7. When did you last step outside? About 30 minutes ago to see my son and wife off who were here sharing pizza with us.

8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at? My daughter’s blog.

9. What are you wearing? A blue shirt with a white criss-crossing pattern, dark blue casual pants and Roper boots.

10. Did you dream last night? Not that I know of.

11. When did you last laugh? When I grab my oldest son by the neck as they were leaving because he had just had a haircut and was trying to keep his shirt collar off his neck. Yes, I did do it on purpose. And yes, I would do it again given the chance.

12. What is on the walls of the room you are in? One whole wall is full of book shelves that are practically filled with books with mementos scattered around. The top shelve has an assortment of coffee cups from places that we have visited from Panama to Ghana To New York City. On the other walls are an assortment of pictures. A Texas flag with a Blue Bell container in front of it with Bluebonnets in it. A 1963 Texas car tag (the year I was born) A book shelve with some of my old books. A picture of an American flag with an eagle. A picture of an old map of Texas with pressed wildflowers. A picture of a sailing ship with words, Jesus, Saviour Pilot Me. A nice picture with an open Bible, the Ten Commandments and an old scale. A Puzzle in a frame of John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, and Thomas Jefferson working on the Declaration of Independence. Picture of my grandchildren. A Ghanaian Flag

13. Seen anything weird lately? Not that I can think of.

14. What is the last film you saw? Fly Wheel

15. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy? After tithing and giving a substantial amount to missions I would purchase and do all the repairs to the house that I am living in, buy two new (used) vehicles, Invest the rest for income so I could quit my secular work and devote my full attention to ministry.

16. Tell me something about you that I don't know. There is nothing worth mentioning.

17. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do? There is more than one thing that needs changing.

18. Do you like to dance? With my wife in private.

19. George W Bush: Is a leader not a follower.

20. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her? We did call her Sara.

21. Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him? We did call our first son Caleb.

22. Would you ever consider living abroad? Yes.

23. What do you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gate? You have fought a good fight, kept the faith, and finished your course.
Post a Comment