Follow by Email

Friday, September 15, 2006

Scrabble Game

Tonight was the night when I challenged the best daughter by marriage in the world to a game of Scrabble. Although she was to challenge me because I won the last game months ago. It seemed apparent she never was, so I challenged her! She agreed with a sinister grin on her face.

I lost my second and third turns to challenges. I challenged her first word and she challenged my second word. I was in the hole and knew I was going to have to fight my way back, look for my opportunities, which I did.

When all was said and done I let her win by one point. You have to do this with daughters by marriage to keep them happy. About six turns from the end I drew the "Q". I promptly counted the "U" and realized that all four of them had already been played. I do not know any words that do not have a "U" after "Q". I could have forfited one of my last turns and traded the "Q". Then she would have been stuck with it and I would have won. But I was gracious and held on to it all the way to the glorious end. It was a valiant defeat. It was a glorious downfall. It was a noble demise. I kept the "Q" all the way to the bitter end.

The fact that I played that nasty little trick on my wife one night many years ago and she had all kinds of mean things to say about me after that did not effect my decision to go down in glorious defeat at all.

In fact you could say I won. I was only behind one point at the end of the game after losing my second and third turns and being left with the "Q". Yea, that's it, I won, I won. Heather you just think you won!

Enjoy your sweet defeat till next time when I will rise from the ashes and crush you with my "Q"!

Now my wife want to play. I think she senses I am vulnerable. It is simply a ruse to lure her into my trap.


ATTENTION: SCRABBLE UPDATE

I just beat my lovely wife by 19 points. I was leading by almost 50 point at one time. I had to let her take the lead by a couple of points in order to keep her interest up before I out paced her down the home stretch.
Post a Comment