Follow by Email

Monday, November 27, 2006

I Only Spent $32.00 At The Bookstore

Today my wife and I drove across the county to a Fry's Electronic store that had 19" flat (thin, or what ever you call them) screen computer monitors on sale. I justified the purchase and am presently enjoying the new look. That was the first time I had ever been in a Fry's. The place was huge. Big enough to have a huge model of the space station hanging from the ceiling. It was just a few miles from NASA. You know, "Houston, we have a problem," Houston, the eagle has landed." So the theme of this Fry's was NASA all the way. We looked around for a short time and then left before I ended up with more than a computer screen and the free (with the mail-in rebate) Cannon printer. I will probably go back some time when I have more time to look around and maybe a little money to spend.

Well, by then it was time to eat and since I was with my precious wife I thought it would be a good time for an extemporaneous date. While we were considering where to eat my wife remembered a Half Price book store that we frequent when we are on that side of the county. She asked if we had time to stop and look and I said, "I guess so"???

We were only there for about 25 minutes or so, but I managed to find several things of interest.

Texas Baptist by Harry Leon McBeth
Eusebius: The Church History
Two copies of The Bad Popes, one for me and one for my son.
George Muller of Bristol by Arthur T. Pierson (biography) Probably read it in family devotions when we finish with the book on John Wesley.
Democracy In America by Alexis DeTocqueville (Remember him Zan) Have the correct spelling now. It is a huge book. Small type and 758 pages.
The Prophet Muhammad by Barnaby Rogerson (biography)

These books will be added to my two shelves of "to read books".

Oh, the joy of books. I'm so glad my dear wife suggested the book store excursion. Just think of what I would have missed. Unfortunately I cannot forget what I passed up???

(Actually, as I think about it I believe the Fry's store we went to is in neighboring Galveston County. Yes, that's right we live a mere 45 minutes from Galveston Island. You know, Galveston, O, Galveston," something about the fair winds blowing!)
Post a Comment