Follow by Email

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Psalms 95:2 - Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.

Things For Which I Am Thankful:

Salvation – As of November 5th I have been saved 37 years
Call to the ministry – As of July 3rd I have been called to preach 30 years
I am thankful for the King James Bible
I am thankful for the Baptist church

I am thankful for my wife of 25 years

I am thankful for all of my children, their respect, love, and devotion
Sara who always said she was only going to have two children and is expecting her fourth
John who has proven to be a better husband than what I expected
Caleb who is all you could hope for in a son
Heather who I count as one of my own
Olivia who is deserving of a strong, disciplined, spiritual man
Daniel who has more gusto than just about anyone I know
Kimberly who is our gifted and talented child
Lydia who is my baby and deserves to live on a farm

I am thankful for my grandchildren those living here and in heaven

I am thankful for my parents
I am thankful for my brothers and sister

I am thankful for Bro. Taylor

I am thankful for books
I am thankful for not having delivered my last pizza, Lord willing
I am thankful for the insurance that is provided through my bus driving
I am thankful for computers
I am thankful for the Internet
I am thankful for my study at home
I am thankful for my van
I am thankful for a perfectly good leather recliner that someone had set out and we picked up
I am thankful for a big desk
I am thankful for reasonably good health
I feel good nearly all the time
I am thankful for our church camping trips

I am thankful for the opportunity to pastor one of the Lord’s churches
I am thankful for each member of my church
Their special gifts and talents that keep this ministry growing and functioning
Their commitment to this church
Their faithful attendance
Their vigorous support for and love toward your pastor
Their love for truth
Their love for preaching
Their patience with me

Psalms 26:7 - That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.
Post a Comment