Follow by Email

Monday, November 19, 2007

Three Hundred Posts

Let me take the occasion of this 300th post to thank those of you who take the time to periodically read what I write here. Some who read here agree, some do not, I am thankful for all who read. I don't even expect everyone to agree with everything they find here. We can't all be right ;-)

I started blogging because I love to write. I like to express opinions. I like to approach controversial issues. I enjoy making an attempt to be thought-provoking. And.....well.....I'm fullypersuaded about a lot of things.

As I look back over my labels I see that most of my posts are under the heading of personal (67)

From their in descending order filling out the top 10 are:

2. Holy Living - 43
3. Christian Living - 42
4. Doctrinal - 25
5. Politics - 24
6. Cultural Issues - 21
7. Book Reviews - 17
8. Spurgeon - 16
9. Evangelism - 14
10. Ministry - 11

This is not counting the miscellaneous category which had 12.

As I consider these different topics I think the emphasis accurately reveals my view of the Bible and its relevance to the believer. I believe the Bible addresses the relevant questions of our day either by precept, principle, or pattern. The Bible is not just a book that is suitable for theological discussion but it is also suitable for real life discussion. There are many who accept the Bible as authoritative in doctrine but not for life. I have never really been able to figure out how we separate what we believe from how we live!

2 Peter 1:2-4 - Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

He has given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness. This is where the majority of my posts have been directed; holy living, and Christian living. Why? Because I believe God has an interest in our life and godliness! He has given us all we need to live life as it ought to be lived, that is unto glory and virtue. And all of this is made possible through our knowledge of him. And where might I ask do we get our knowledge of him? If not from the Bible then I would be at a loss as to where. Where are we to find these exceeding great and precious promises? In the Bible! What is the purpose of our growing knowledge of him and these great and precious promises? That we might be partakers of the divine nature and escape the corruption that is in the world through lusts.

I don't know about you but I am not enough of a partaker of the divine nature, I am still to bound to my lusts and the corruption it creates. Thank God for a Bible that expresses to me the will of God, promises me the power of God, assures me of victory through God, and warns me of the fearful thing it is to fall into the hands of the living God!

Consequently I make no apology for applying the Scripture to every aspect of daily living. I am not wearied with seeking the mind of God on a matter in the pages of the Holy Oracles. In fact I am delighted to have access to the words of one who knows everything so I am not dependent upon the words of those who know nothing, including myself!

This is the framework from which this blog is presented and that is likely to remain true.

Thanks for reading and for those of you who have commented a double thanks, even those who have disagreed. For those of you who have linked to my blog I am humbled and the traffic it creates is appreciated!

Keep reading even if you never comment. Where you think I got it right be glad. Where you think I am a fringe lunatic be assured the feeling is mutual ;-)

Off to 301........
Post a Comment