Follow by Email

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Alisa Grace McEntire

Yes, I know it has been a while since I have blogged but this could not wait. We will get back to some regular blogging at some point in the future.
I want to take this opportunity to introduce my 5th grandchild and 2nd granddaughter. Alisa Grace McEntire was born on September 11, 2008 at UTMB in Galveston Texas. Yes, that's right she was born the weekend of hurricane Ike on the Island that was devastated shortly after her arrival. Needless to say within 12 hours of her birth she was on a plane headed to Austin, Texas. I was 18 before I boarded a plane. Just found out she is going to stay one more night with mom in a regular room. She will probably come home tomorrow.
Michele and I drove up to Austin this morning to see the baby and to try to be an encouragement to Caleb and Heather. They have had a very trying week beginning last Monday. Having a baby five weeks early is one thing but then to have all the commotion created by Ike did not help matters any. But.....Alisa is here and well, Dad and Mom will be the stronger for the challenges and we are feeling very blessed this evening. We do serve a good and gracious God!


Posted by Picasa
Post a Comment