Follow by Email

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Thirty-eight Years Ago Yesterday

It was on November 5th, 1970 in the evening when:

My name was written in the Lamb's book of life
My sins were cast into the depth of the sea and as far as the east is from the west
I was redeemed
I was justified
I was sanctified
I became a saint
I was indwelt by the Holy Spirit
I was made accepted in the beloved
My old man was crucified
I was quickened
I was born again
I was saved
I was delivered from the wrath to come
I became a child of God
I became a joint-heir with Jesus Christ
I was made more than a conqueror
I was made a new creature
I was forgiven
I was no longer condemned
I was made to sit in heavenly places in Christ Jesus
I was delivered from the kingdom of darkness
I was translated into the kingdom of His dear Son
I was given the gift of eternal life
I became a believer
I was reconciled to God
I was freed from sin
I was made free from the law of sin and death
I became complete in him
I entered into rest
I was made a partaker of the divine nature

Thirty-eight years ago yesterday I acknowledged myself a sinner, repented and personally believed the gospel of Jesus Christ. I called upon him and he promised to save me. I believe he did, not because I have always done what I should or because I have not done some things I should not have but because of his promise.

I am just a sinner saved by grace!

"My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus' name.

When darkness seems to hide his face, I rest on his unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale, My anchor holds within the veil.

His oath, his covenant, his blood supports me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way, he then is all my hope and stay.

When he shall come with trumpet sound, Oh may I then in him be found;
Dressed in his righteousness alone, faultless to stand before the throne.

On Christ the solid Rock, I stand;
all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand!"
(Edward Mote, 1832)

1John 5:13 - These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
Post a Comment