Follow by Email

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Right Circumstances For Praise

Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD.  Praise ye the LORD.  Psalms 150:6

I read this verse last week and have been pondering it since.

What is necessary to praise the LORD?  A church building?  A hymn or spiritual song?  A sermon?  A spiritual victory?  A financial blessing?  An improvement in our circumstances?  An answered prayer?  A new friend?  Restoration with an old friend?  Nice weather?  Sunshine?  Trouble free day?  People treating me right?  People not treating me wrong?  The birth of a child?  A good report from the doctor?  No family problems?  A good meal?  What is necessary to praise the LORD?

Could it be that just having breath is all that is necessary to praise the LORD?

The scripture does not say:

let everyone that hath a house praise the LORD
let everyone that hath clothes praise the LORD
let everyone that hath a good day praise the LORD
let everyone that hath a good job praise the LORD
let everyone that hath no family problems praise the LORD
let everyone that hath health praise the LORD
let everyone that hath friends praise the LORD

It says, "Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD."

All I need to praise the LORD is breath!  If I have breath I should praise the LORD with it.  I could mummer and complain with it.  I could criticize and revile with it.  I could moan and groan with it.  I could whine and gripe with it.  I could scoff and ridicule with it.  I could pout with it.  I could accuse with it.  I could growl with it.  I could snarl with it.  I could fuss with it.  I could grumble with it.  I could fret with it.

But why would I want to do any of those things when I can and should praise the LORD with it!

We don't need a lot to praise the LORD, just breath and as long as he is giving breath it seems appropriate that we would praise him with it!

"Praise ye the LORD."
Post a Comment